Media Composer 8.0
About Media Composer 8.0
Media Composer is proven and trusted by professional editors in every segment of film, television, and broadcast. Designed to handle high volumes of disparate file-based media, Media Composer delivers accelerated high-res-to-HD workflows, real-time collaboration, and powerful media management, eliminating time-consuming tasks so you can focus on telling a great story. And now the choice is yours—edit on premises, remotely through the cloud, on demand, through a low-cost subscription, or purchase a license outright—making Media Composer the most versatile and accessible tool for professional creative editorial.
More about Media Composer here
Media Composer 8.0 install & patch activation - How to
Everything you need to download, install, and patch activate is contained in this setup. The activation is version specific for version 8.0.0. only. Unfortunately AVID released an update v.8.1.0 just as I finished this patch. Check your PC meets recommended requirements before installing.
- Run the CruZified setup "As Admin'.
- Read instructions and tick the checkbox to proceed. Click 'Next'
- Use the link provided to download Media Composer 8.0 directly from Avid. (close the patch while downloading)
- When the download finishes, extract the installation files from the .zip folder.
- Run the Media Composer installation and follow the prompts. Install all or just the components you want.
- It is beneficial to not run Media Composer or start any trial at this stage.
If you had Media Composer pre-installed the patch will simply run a version check, and if correct, go directly to the patch activation. If it's not correct the patch will let you know.
Patch Activation (Floating):
- Re-start the CruZified patch "As Admin"
- Tick the checkbox to proceed. Click 'Next'
- The patch will check the version and open the activation page.
- Click the 'Patch Activate' button.
- Start Media Composer.
- Select 'Electronic Activation' in the Media Composer dialog displayed.
- Hit 'Continue'
- That's it done. Enjoy.
The setup has very clear instructions, provides the download for version 8.0.0. Addons and plugins are OK to install. Minor updates are OK (after 2nd decimal point) Major updates are not (before 2nd decimal point)